Week 3 Update
July 7, 2017
It felt like summer really started to get moving this week with regattas and club events. It was a lot of fun, and a little crazy!
This week’s highlights:
- We started week 3 of strong with an awesome 4th of July BBQ! Thank you to all the sailors who joined in and especially to those who brought snacks to share!
We reached an impressive 40 boxes on our Freeze pop meter! We are on track to setting the Pleon Yacht Club, and possibly world record for most freeze pops consumed by the end of the summer.
2017 Freeze pop meter, JI Wil on a freeze pop run
Our Opti and 420 sailors crushed it at the Manchester Green Regatta on Thursday!
Opti racers and Coach Lea at the Manchester Green Regatta
PYC opti racers braved the storm today at the Linda Wieditz Memorial Optimist Regatta, great job coaches and sailors!
Movie night on Thursday was a success thanks to JIs Wil and Lydia and our Events Committee. A fun group of sailors “watched” Moana, enjoyed popcorn and socialized.
Meanwhile, a group of Pleon gals competed in the All Women Harbor Challenge event hosted by Eastern Yacht Club, and did great! Pleon was well represented with three skippers and nine total sailors. The Pleon team even took a 1,2,3 finish!
It was a beautiful night for the all women Harbor Challenge & reception
- Another competitive Wednesday Series went smoothly with 54 boats competing! Check out the results here!
A look ahead...
- This weekend we have a huge number of sailors representing PYC at the New Bedford Junior Regatta. To all of you- good luck, sail fast and have fun!
- There is no Free Sail this Sunday due to the large number of staff members away for regattas.
- The Terrific Tuesday theme next week is... PIRATE DAY!!
Thank you Pleon for another fantastic week, have a great weekend everybody!