REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR: SPRING PROGRAMS AND SUMMER PROGRAMS.

News
Overview
Flag Officers
Board of Directors
Membership
News
Employment Opportunities
Bulletin Board
Testimonials
History
Photos
< Home Page
Back

Weather Incoming!
September 29, 2015

Hello Pleon Parents and Sailors!

The weather forecast for the next couple of days looks pretty bad so Pleon, along with the Eastern, is taking precautions to minimize any potential damage. Marblehead Harbor is particularly exposed to a Northeasterly breeze and typically EYC disassembles their waterfront when the forecast calls for any duration longer than 24 hours of strong Northeasterly flow. If that happens, Pleon will not have access to powerboats or docks and will cancel practice. Based on the current forecast we will not have practice on Thursday(Greenies) and Wednesday(Opti Champ) will be determined by the end of today based on the EYC waterfront's status. I will touch base with weekday parents as I know more. 

There is also the potential for a tropical storm to approach this Sunday. SailFlow currently predicts 20 Knots building to 30 Knots with gust around 50 and 13FT seas for Sunday! Once again, I will be keeping a close eye on this and will touch base when we have a decision on practice.

Note: If you are a summer sailor that is not enrolled in the Fall Program and still has a boat at Pleon you MUST remove your boat ASAP. Pleon will not be responsible if an abandoned boat is damaged in the storm. 

Regards, 

 

Parker Dwyer
Executive Director
Pleon Yacht Club