Pleon Yacht Club is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt corporation under federal and state regulations and is governed by an independent Board of Directors. The role of the Board is to establish policies related to program curriculum and club operations, oversee financial matters, oversee hiring of the program director and professional staff, provide input for organizing regattas, and manage Pleon's building and equipment needs.
There is an annual nominating process and Board members are elected for a three-year term which can be extended at the end of the three years. Board members are all non-paid volunteers and serve on various committees throughout their term as indicated below. Each committee listed below encourages participation from volunteers who are not full Board members. Any person interested in volunteering for a committee should contact the respective committee Chair or the Board President.
Board Members 2018
- Lisa Adam
- Benjamin Blaisdell (Co-Chair)
- Nick Burke
- Michael Costello (Junior Race Week Co-Chair)
- Peter Dowd (Program Committee Co-Chair)
- Daan Goedkoop
- Matt Hooks (Program Committee Co-Chair)
- Chris LaChance (Treasurer)
- Chris Leake
- Christina Pandapas (Communications Chair)
- Robert Pascal
- David Romagnoli (Co-Chair)