Pleon Yacht Club is organized as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt corporation under federal and state regulations and is governed by an independent Board of Directors. The role of the Board is to establish policies related to program curriculum and club operations, oversee financial matters, oversee hiring of the Program Director and professional staff, provide input for organizing regattas and manage the building and equipment needs of the program.
There is an annual nominating process and Board members are elected for a three year term which can be extended at the end of the three years. Board members are all non-paid volunteers and serve on various committees throughout their term as indicated below. Each committee listed below encourages participation from volunteers who are not full Board members. Any person interested in volunteering for a committee should contact the respective committee Chair or the Board President.
Board Members 2015
- Benjamin Blaisdell (Corinthian Yacht Club Representative)
- Nick Burke
- Ronald Homa (Program Committee Chair/Boston Yacht Club Representative)
- Lisa Keith
- Chris LaChance (Treasurer)
- Chris Leake
- Rick Myers (Junior Race Week Chair)
- Christina Pandapas(Communications Chair)
- Charles Pendleton (Program Committee)
- David Romagnoli(President)
- Leland Rowell (Secretary)
- Lisa G. Seymour